Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Getting ready for the 2014-15 season

I have started to prepare for the upcoming season. The first step, as it always is, is to get the latest copy of Tom Elling's Pennsylvania Wrestling Handbook. It's filled with great information, such as the returning wrestlers for each PIAA school, along with their record and district/regional/state finish. It also includes placewinners from all of the top tournaments in the state. It's a truly great resource and one that I use throughout the year.
As part of my season preview, I'll again use the book to look at what each team has returning this season. It usually takes a few weeks, but I should be able to have it ready for the start of the season.
 I'd also like to reach out to all of the coaches in districts 5 and 6. Please send me your schedules ASAP. I've added a calendar to the bottom of the blog that I would like to include every event that a district 5 or 6 team is participating in, but I need your cooperation. Please email schedules to eknopsnyder@tribdem.com.
Also, for those of you in The Tribune-Democrat's coverage area, I should have access to any rosters and questionnaires that you send there, but I'd still ask that you CC me on those as well, just to be sure. If you're not part of The Tribune-Democrat's coverage area, please send me info anyway. I'd love to expand the blog to include more info on teams outside of my coverage area, such as D5 teams other than Bedford and Chestnut Ridge as well as D6 teams outside of Cambria County, in either AA or AAA.
I'm looking forward to the season and to seeing and hearing from so many of you again. So, if you have something you'd like to see on here, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment