Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Big weekend for colleges in Pa.

It's a big weekend for college wrestling in Pennsylvania. The highlight, of course, is Sunday's showdown between Big Ten powers Minnesota and Penn State.
But there's also a big match 130 miles to the west tonight as No. 11 Pitt hosts No. 6 Michigan.
I don't have the time to preview each of these big duals in the way I would like to, but I've collected some other people's previews.
The fine folks at Flowrestling preview that match here while here is a link to Pitt's match notes and Michigan's match notes.
I'm hoping to make it Pittsburgh tonight to see the Panthers and Wolverines clash, but if you can't, I believe you can still catch at flowrestling.com.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to State College for Sunday's big match, but I'll have my DVR set for the Big Ten Network, which will show the match live.
In terms of previewing it, there are some options out there. If you're patient, the guys in this video offer some informative stuff, even though about 17 of the 31 minutes are about themselves, not the dual. Here are the Penn State match notes.
The Golden Gophers are coming off Friday night's loss at Cornell, but I've seen some projections that have Minnesota pulling off the upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment