Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wrestling calendar

I've added a new element to Knop's Knotes this season. There should be a calendar after the first couple of posts that lists the matches/tournaments for each team in districts 5 and 6. (If it don't see it, please let me know what kind of browser you're using, as I'd like to see if there any issues).
I have gotten most of the schedules off of the District 6 site and the handful I have from District 5 coaches. If yours isn't on there or on the D6 site, please send it to me at eric.knopsnyder@gmail.com.
Also, A WARNING: I will do my best to make sure that information on the calendar is accurate at all times, but pulling the schedules for four dozen schools together is not an easy task, and it will only get harder when bad weather or other issues force postponements. Therefore, the calendar SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A GUIDE. I'd hate to have someone drive an hour and half to see a match listed on my calendar only to find out that I got the location or time wrong. Odds are, with this many matches, I'll screw up somewhere along the line. Plus, some schedules contradict one another.
Therefore, if you see a match on there that you want to see but aren't affiliated with the schools, try to confirm it via their websites or other means. Also, if you see something that is incorrect in the schedule, please let me know.
I've tried to highlight key matches/tournaments in red. They might be great competition, a place to see a lot of good local wrestlers or a combination of the two. Intermat has some of the top national events here.
Hopefully the calendar is a nice addition to the blog, but it's uncharted territory for me, so we'll see.
No matter what, the good news is, it is getting closer the first competition date!

No comments:

Post a Comment