Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

NCAA All-Americans from Pa.

I've been covering the NCAA championships in Des Moines, Iowa. Here's my latest story on former United wrestler Evan Henderson earning All-American honors.
I thought I'd take a look at Pennsylvania wrestlers who did the same. It might not be a complete list, as I'm going off of memory here. Feel free to weigh in via the comments section if I missed any or got a school wrong.

125
Nico Megaludis - Penn State (Franklin Regional)

133
A.J. Schopp - Edinboro (Tyrone)

141
Mitchell Port - Edinboro (Bellefonte)
Evan Henderson - North Carolina (United/Kiski Prep)

149
Jordan Oliver - Oklahoma State (Easton)

157
James Fleming - Clarion (West Mifflin)

165
None

174
Mike Evans - Iowa (from Enola, Pa., wrestled for Blair Academy)

184
Ed Ruth - Penn State (Susquehanna/Blair Academy)
Steve Bosak - Cornell (State College)
Jimmy Sheptock - Maryland (Northampton)

197
Quentin Wright - Penn State (Bald Eagle Area)
Matt Wilps - Pitt (Chariters Valley)

285
Mike McMullan - Northwestern (Easton/Wyoming Seminary)

No comments:

Post a Comment