Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Olympics dropping wrestling

I wrote a story for The Tribune-Democrat on how the local community is reacting to the IOC's decision to drop wrestling from the 2020 Olympics. I spoke with North Star grad Nick Roberts and Forest Hills senior Cody Law, both of whom have hopes of being on that 2020 squad; UPJ coach Pat Pecora; Young Guns coach Jody Strittmatter, who probably has some realistic Olympic hopefuls in his club and knows the drill as well as anyone, having reached the No. 3 ranking for the U.S. Olympic team; and Mike Moyer, who is president of the National Wrestling Coaches Association.
They each had some interesting things to say, so much so that I'd like to put together a post of stuff that I wasn't able to use in the article. If I get time later, I'll do it, although with the District 6 AA pairings out now, the week is going to go by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment