Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Important changes for Sheetz Holiday Classic

Important change I
Due to the pending snowstorm, Saturday's schedule has been changed. Instead of the schedule I posted in my preview, it will begin at 8:45 a.m. and run straight through with no breaks. That means the quarterfinals likely will move from their original time of 11 a.m., possibly to as early as 10 a.m. or 10:30. The finals likely will move to 4:30 or 5 p.m.
I will continue to post live updates when possible.

Important change II
Conemaugh Township dropped out of the tournament, reportedly because of the mat herpes issue that was raised this week. Ligonier Valley also was hurt by the controversy surrounding the skin infection. Half of the Rams wrestlers opted not to attend because of the scare.
Personally, I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. To shut down a program, as United is doing for eight days, as a precaution seems, at least to me, to be an overly cautious approach made by administrators who don't realize that skin problems are common in the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment