Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Best blogs

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive of this blog since I started it in November. Now, I'd like some feedback from you.
Do you know of any other wrestling blogs out there that are worth looking at regularly?
I'm mostly interested in high school blogs, but if you've got some good college coverage, I'm sure we could create some traffic for it, as well.
The reason I'm asking is that I just stumbled across Joe Tuscano's blog. Joe is the assistant sports editor at the Washington Observer-Reporter and has been covering wrestling since I was in high school. (He picked against me at regionals, and I never let him forget it). But he's a good writer and can give insight into what's happening in and around the WPIAL.
Heading in the opposite direction, there's the Penn Live wrestling site, which focuses primarily on District 3. Rod Frisco's blog is always a good stop if you're looking for info on wrestling (or anything other PIAA sport) in Central PA area.
Any other good online options out there? I know that the Altoona Mirror does a good job covering wrestling, as does the Daily American. The Bedford Gazette provides very in-depth coverage of teams from its area, but, as far as I know, it doesn't post anything online. If you're outside of the markets where you can pick up a paper, you're out of luck. The Gazette's Ryan Spring does a nice job updating scores for District 5 and has recently started hosting some live chats.
Those are the best online resources I've been able to come up with - as well as searching for each team's NWCA Scorebook site, which is a pain - for getting information on Pennsylvania wrestling.
If you have any other sources, please feel free to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment