Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

UPDATED PA Wrestling Rankings (AA) 1/11/12

Please note, these are note done by me, they are from the Pennsylvania Wrestling Rankings, which is a subscriber-based service. They allow me to publish the wrestlers from districts 5 and 6 for free.


Note: Your feedback has had an impact. The folks at Pennsylvania Wrestling Rankings noticed the comment about Tyler Dibert being ranked 22nd at 170 and realized that he should have been higher. Check out the comments below, and kudos to them for their willingness to admit a mistake and correct it quickly.

Class AA
106
2. Justin Patrick, Ligonier Valley
9. Triston Law, Forest Hills
10. Josh Brown, Claysburg-Kimmel
15. Kyle Fink, Bellwood-Antis
113
4. Ryan Easter, Bedford
18. Ryan Dupas, Cambria Heights
19. Derrick Claar, Chestnut Ridge
120
2. Nick Roberts, North Star
13. Garrett Thomas, Bedford
20. Mason Replogle, Northern Bedford
Not currently wrestling
Josh Patrick, Ligonier Valley
126
9. Ryan Wilson, Mount Union
14. Jared Woomer, Bellwood-Antis
19. Tanner Hetrick, Meyersdale
20. Joe Davis, Cambria Heights
21. Toby Brett, Bedford
132
5. Ben Rager, Central Cambria
8. James Dodson, Claysburg-Kimmel
12. Stephen McKenzie, Meyersdale
22. Tevin Mostoller, North Star
138
3. Ty Dively, Claysburg-Kimmel
5. Nick Szala, Penn Cambria
12. Noah Tarr, Blairsville
14. Shane Pfaunmiller, Chestnut Ridge
145
3. R.J. Brydon, Forest Hills
9. Trevor Helsley, Bellwood-Antis
10. Landon Lohr, Somerset
12. Tanner Cahill, Conemaugh Township
15. Drew Gartland, Northern Bedford
18. Dylan Weston, Tyrone
24. Brandon Rowles, Juniata
152
17. Cory Berchick, Conemaugh Township
21. Josh Darr, Somerset
Not currently wrestling
Neil Hosterman, Penns Valley
160
1. Cody Law, Forest Hills
2. Tony Risaliti, Central Cambria
9. Cole Boozel, Mount Union
10. Wolf Otten, Shade
11. Michael Sutton, Somerset
23. Gavin Berkley, Meyersdale
170

8. Tyler Dibert, Chestnut Ridge
9. John Blankenship, United
14. Ross Inzana, Cambria Heights
17. Zach Pinkas, Forest Hills
20. Cody Yingling, Bedford
182
10. Tyler Ickes, Claysburg-Kimmel
16. Nathan Shope, Huntingdon
18. Scott Thompson, Blairsville
195
12. James Stodart, Moshannon Valley
15. Michael Brett, Bedford
220
1. John Rizzo, Richland
10. Jacob Krupa, Bedford
15. Jacob Ludwig, Moshannon Valley
16. Jacob Craig, Berlin Brothersvalley
285
1. Quinton Hixson, Northern Bedford
20. Dylan Powell, Juniata
Team
No. 13 Bedford

18 comments:

  1. They show no love toward dibert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm a little surprised by that. There are quite a few rankings that I disagree with - some of our local guys seem too high, some seem too low.
    But, I guess that's the beauty of rankings: It sparks debate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dibert is a mistake. I apologize for the mistake. Dibert should be much higer. Thank you for pointing that out.

    I would love to discuss any of the rankings

    Chuck at www.pennsylvaniawrestlingrankings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dibert is now 8th at 170. Sometimes depending on when the rankings are finalized and when results can be found, they can be a couple of days behind. Example would be, I may finish the 106 weight class Sunday night, but sometimes the Saturday night matches are not updated yet, or when the rankings are published Wednesday night, the kids wrestled Tuesday night as well.

    Rankings are just Rankings, anybody can be beat on a given night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knopsynder, wheres my nephew at, i pay for these rankings to see his name at 152 and nothing, geez, 24, 25 that would be fine just want to see it in there haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. C'mon Mr. Doak, read the disclaimer at the top! They're not my rankings!
    But I did see Drew at the Southmoreland tournament and he looked very good (except for the Copeland match). I think he'll open some eyes before the season's over.
    Other than Copeland and Francis Mizia, I haven't seen most of the 152-pounders that are ranked, but the Northwest Region must be loaded. Same for the Southeast. I would argue that Berchick deserves to be higher than 17, but again, I haven't seen those ranked ahead of him.
    I'm just glad I'm not the one trying to do the rankings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I know Im just kidding, the rankings are fun to look at. Drew will be fine, he has a good opportunity this weekend if he wrestles well. I don't know any of the kids, im more familiar with aaa kids from the westmoreland, alleghany county areas or the kids he wrestles with in the summer. Who knows, all i know is its almost feb, march and thats the best time of the year for a wrestling fan..keep up the good work bud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Berchick could be higher, but he hasn't wrestled anybody that I could see that would move him up. Andrew Doak is definitely on my radar, but again has to beat somebody in the top 20.

    It's tough for a freshman to get on there this early unless they are at 106/113. 152 has so many returning district place-winners that earned that spot until they get knocked down.

    Eric, did you wrestle 112 in 1993 for Berlin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate you responding, but you didnt need too I understand and agree with you. He has two or three aaa kids in the top 8-15, at least on your rankings, this weekend so we'll get a good gauge on where he's at. 1993?? Did they have wrestling way back then?? haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to respond. I get yelled at home, because I don't stop talking wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. M.Doak - ouch!
    Good memory, Chuck - going all the way back to 1993. I know, it's hard to believe looking at me now that I was a 112-pounder as a senior in high school, but yes that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just kiddin with ya, Im not that much younger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you chuck. I knew he lost twice to the boy from burmedian springs but I didn't think he would drop far. And Eric I really appreciate what you do, I am stationed in Texas right now but I feel like I know what is going on back home in Bedford county because of your blog and the tribune online.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sparky. Glad that I can be of some service to our brave men and women in the service. I appreciate all that our military does for us and hope that in some small way this blog makes it a little easier for you to be away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eric do you remember who you wrestled in 1993 at states?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can tell you who I lost to - Jason Betz and Shad Benton.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unfortunately I can remember who I lost to as well. You in second consi round.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All right, Chuck, you made me go digging through my closet to find out who you are. Thought I had a program from states that year, but I didn't. Found a newspaper recap though. You wrestled for Mifflinburg? Says I won 4-0, so I guess that makes you my last PIAA-sanctioned victory, because I lost the next round. I did get a win at the prelim to the Challenge of the Champions, though, so you weren't my last high school win.

    ReplyDelete