Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's almost time ...



We're almost there!
The season will begin on Friday a couple of teams from District 6 on Friday, with many more D5 and D6 teams in action on Saturday. Some won't begin until next week, but this week still feels like the last few days before Christmas for some of us, as the anticipation builds.
Need an early Christmas present? Check out Ryan Spring's live season preview chat at 9 p.m. Thursday. Ryan does a great job for the Bedford Gazette and is a huge asset to the local wrestling community. He's been posting some interesting stuff to his blog, including the tragic news out of Hyndman that one of the Hornets' wrestlers was killed by a train this week and how to help the victim's family.
I haven't been able to do nearly as much work on the blog recently as I had hoped. The weeklong vacation over Thanksgiving that I had was wiped out by a nasty cold, so I'm way behind schedule at this point. I plan on spending the next two days blogging and trying to put together projected lineups for as many schools in D5/D6 as possible.
Here are a couple of other items on my to-do list:
  • Take part in the live chat
  • Catch up with Berlin's Taylor Cahill, who announced this week that he'll be wrestling alongside his older brother, Tanner, at Bloomsburg
  • Compile a list of all of the local wrestlers who have committed to colleges. (I did a story this week for The Tribune-Democrat about Cambria Heights' Levi Niebauer committing to UPJ and I plan to do one soon on United's Tyler Oliver doing the same.)
  • Put together a small preview on the Conemaugh Township tournament, which I plan to attend on Saturday.
  • And, maybe, sleep if there is any time left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment