Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Nolf-Roberts rematch

Just talked with Nick Roberts of North Star and he told me that he won't get a rematch with Kittanning's Jason Nolf.
Nolf, who won the state title at 103 pounds last season, beat Roberts at the Southmoreland Holiday Classic earlier this season. Watch the entire match here. If Nolf had stayed at 120 there was a good chance that he and Roberts would meet in the regional and state finals. But Roberts said, Nolf's father told him at club practice that Nolf will be dropping to 113 for the postseason.
I was a bit surprised by the move, since Nolf has never lost a varsity match, although after watching the first Nolf-Roberts meeting, I would have expected Roberts to win a rematch.

2 comments:

  1. Could set up a good match between Nolf and Diehl at the state tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I strongly believe Nolf's undefeated run is near it's end there.

    ReplyDelete