Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

UPJ at Super Region I tournament

I did a short story for The Tribune-Democrat on UPJ's performance at the Super Region I Tournament in Pembroke, N.C., on Friday.
I won't rehash all of it here. The big news was that Penn Cambria grad Ryan Link isn't competing in the tournament for "personal reasons." Not sure exactly what that means, but that was the answer I got from coach Pat Pecora and assistant Jody Strittmatter. Too bad for the Mountain Cats and Link, who was an All-American last year.
Among local grads, Forest Hills' Dave Fogle and Penn Cambria's Nathan Link (Ryan's older brother) each advanced to the semifinals while Bdford's Josh Krupa was eliminated.
UPJ is in second place, 15 points behind Newberry, entering Day 2.
Here's a link to the updated brackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment