Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Live video coverage of Thomas Tournament and other stuff you need to know

NOTE: Bedford's school is blocking from using Ustream to broadcast. If and when I get the issue resolved, I'll be doing live video. For now, I won't be able to. Cementjob.com is broadcasting one camera live.

I posted some preview information a few days ago, so if you haven't seen it, check it out here.

Ryan Spring posted the seedings on his Spring into Sports blog, so I see no need to do the same here.

I do plan on providing live video from the tournament again at www.tribdem.com/tdlive. The plan is to have live streaming video from two mats as well as live chats throughout the tournament. As always, we'll be at the mercy of the technology gods.

Also, if you haven't gotten enough pre-tournament coverage and you want to hear for yourself why I chose a career in newspapers and not radio, you can listen to The Tribune-Democrat podcast on the Thomas Tournament.

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Eric, just wondering if there is any chance of Scott Thompson being a late add at Thomas now? He wasn't in the seedings last night but do they feel safe adding him to a tournament or are they going to ease him back into wrestling? Also, thank you very much for doing the video feed again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think to ask Coach Doak about it last night. When I got back and saw the seedlings, I realized I should have.
      My guess would be that he won't wrestle this weekend. It's one thing to wrestle an inexperienced guy in a dual to get your team six points. It's quite another to face four or five matches against some quality opponents.
      Even if the arm isn't at risk, it's hard to compete at a high level with only one practice in the past six weeks.

      Delete
  2. Any where on the net for brackets of the tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so. If I can, I'll take pictures of brackets and post them after each round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eric you do a great job at keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The live chat is still at www.tribdem.com/tdlive. You just have to scroll down to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete